Information for visitors
There is free, unattended parking on the road L3179. This whole area is a nature reserve and so the track up to the cave is not accessible for vehicles. Visitors can take one of two marked forest paths. You will need approximately 8 to 12 minutes to walk the distance from the car park to the cave.
Parking for disabled visitors
Visitors who are able to produce a valid disabled parking permit will be able to alight from their car directly at the cave. However, please observe the guide's instructions regarding where the car must then be parked.
Please note that the temperature in the cave varies between 7-11°c all year round. We therefore recommend that you wear a jacket, pullover, or some other item of warm clothing during your visit. An oilskin jacket can be hired for a small fee from your guide at the cave.
Special climatic conditions in the Climate Chamber
The air in the cave is practically dust and allergen free. Furthermore, the high level of humidity can ease breathing for people with bronchial difficulties. It is possible to book your visit outside of the regular opening times (accompanied by a cave guide). For more information, please contact the Tourist Information Office in Steinau.
- Company address
- Gewerbe- und Verkehrsverein Steinau e.V.
- Brüder-Grimm-Strasse 144a
- 36396 Steinau an der Straße
- Fon: 0 66 63 / 96 31 - 0
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.tropfsteinhoehle-steinau.com
- » Advertisers
- Site map
- » Home
- » Opening times and guided tours
- » Information for visitors
- » History of Devil's Cave
- » Geology
- » Questions about guided tours
- » Further links
- » Impressum/Legal
- » German version
- More things to do and see
- After a visit to Devil's Cave, see what
else Steinau has to offer.
- » Links to leisure activities